13 April 2016

Susan Johanna Kingfisher | profile

Hello, readers!

I made this character about two weeks ago and was inspired, strangely enough, by a book on birding I was a flipping through during morning Read-Alouds. Her original name was Targon Kingfisher (first name after the Black-Throated Targon and the last name after the Kingfisher bird), but in the end, I thought the first name might just be a little too tropical for her and her personality. Maybe for a future character . . .

She was a really fun character to create. I think she is a tiny bit similar to Lucia and Cali unfortunately, but in a lot of other ways, she is completely different. I have a feeling I will be able to work out some of those similarites as I continue to create her.

When I wrote her, I actually didn't have any ideas for what book she was going to be in which is something pretty rare for me, but hopefully soon I will find where she can fit in. I believe she was inspired a bit by Calpurnia Tate from The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jaqueline Kelley. But ya' know, when you're a writer, you can't really even tell where your ideas and inspiration came from! ;)

-On a quick side note, I reconfigured my 'Novels' page and wrote in some story summaries this afternoon! Hooray!- :)

Anyhow, meet Susan Kingfisher!





4 comments:

  1. Brilliant character and lovely blog-you've got yourself another follower. <3
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a darling, Kathryn! Thank you for the sweet comment - that means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  2. Susan sounds like an amazing character!:) You did a fantastic job crafting her!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be lots of fun to work with in the future I am sure. :) Thank you for reading! <3

      Delete

I love feedback! Please let me know what you think! Why, if you don't comment, I will never know that you stopped by my little space and will never get to meet you. <3