29 September 2016

Newsy-news-news :-)

Hey there!  I decided to take the chance and step a bit out of my comfort zone in sharing a special work of mine with you guys.  *dramatic music*
Where Violets Grow!!

I know you've all heard the sob-story of how I wrote and stopped writing Where Violets Grow about five hundred times, so I won't burden you with having to read it again.  But the gist is, Where Violets Grow was started in February 2014.  I was faithful writing it for about two years, but in January 2016, I suddenly because discouraged with it, and at the beginning of February 2016, I dropped it.  Nope, I haven't picked it up again.  A few more ideas for it, and a renaming (which I'm still not sure about.  You can find Where Violets Grow under the name "The Mill Girl" on my Novels page).  Maybe someday . . .
It is currently 16k words.

Anyhow, here it is.  Feel free not to read it, but I would be honored (and I will love you forever) if you do read even a single chapter!  Let me just warn you that before posting this, I didn't edit a single word, so please excuse any typos or rotten phrases.  You might be able to tell that I have become a much better writer since Where Violets Grow was started.

I'm not exactly asking particularly for critique for this story, though I welcome any thoughts, because my discouragement on this story still lingers slightly, but I would LOVE suggestions and/or ideas!!  Any encouraging words would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance.

Here's the link:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hcshiSMFLvinDPH6KKUncsV3EyWloHA__g55ILSbcbA/edit?usp=sharing

(I'm off to do Greek language homework now for class tomorrow!  "Ugh" x100.  Wish me luck!) XD



4 comments:

  1. Loved every word, great job, friend!!! XD
    Alrighty, I had this problem a few months back when my writing style had changed so much, that I went back into a book I wanted to keep, and then edited the entire thing, still keeping the same plotline and everything--but 'pumping it up' to my current writing style. ;)

    If you wanna keep this book, that would be a nice option, or you can scrap the entire thing (again) re-write it, and see where that takes you!! :D

    Love you,
    Amelia
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! That makes sense. I will definitely keep you advice in mind!! :D
      Thanks for reading -- you're the best. :)

      Delete
  2. That's always happening to me with my books too. Hey, I'm taking Greek as well this year!

    ~Mira
    www.steppinginsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;)
      Eeek! That is so cool! How many years have you been taking Greek? Kindred spirits! :D

      Delete

I love feedback! Please let me know what you think! Why, if you don't comment, I will never know that you stopped by my little space and will never get to meet you. <3