26 November 2016

The Wisteria Writing tag

Rules // mention the blogger who nominated you (Thanks for the nomination, Sarah!) // answer the ten questions // add ten (writing or book) questions of your own // nominate ten people nominate as many people as you like ;)

// are you writing anything at the moment? if so, what?
I am currently writing a few different books, but my absolute favorite one right now is The Woodhouse Girls, part 1: As We Are. It's been a real blast and a treat to write -- I can't seem to get enough of it! With a developed plotline and a story in my head, it's also been a breeze to write. Check it out on my 'novels' page!


// if you are a fantasy writer, have you ever created your own map?
I have written a few fantasy novels in the past. As to a map, I would have to say yes-ish . . no. ;)


// do you listen to music while writing?
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: Depends on what I'm writing and what music artist I have been listening to around that time. Andrew Belle is fantastic, but I have to be in the right mood to listen to his stuff (or anyone's) while writing.


// planner, plotter or pantser?
I plan a lot for my books because I have discovered that when I don't, my writing has quite a few loose ends. I love writing plotlines, I adore planning out scenes and dialogue . . . and what is a panster? ;)
I'd have to say I'm both a plotter and a planner.


// what, or whom, inspires you to write?
Gotta give credit to my crazy brain, folks. ;) And, of course, God's creations here on earth always evoke inspiration.


// have you ever made any book covers? can we see??
I'm not a big book-coverer, but I have made a few. Here are two:






// writing pet peeve?
Ooo . . . hmm.  I suppose when people ask me what I want to be when I am older and when I say be a writer, they ask what the books I am writing are about. (ADVICE PLEASE?) :)
But this one is common + classic so I'll also add that I hate it when you can't decide what to name a character -- or can't find a good name. ;)


// where do you normally write?
I have a few different favorite spots . . . My loft bed, the attic, on the front lawn, or the desktop.  What about you?


// when did you start writing?
I caught the writing bug when I was seven yeas old and read a book called My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George.


// do you have stories saved from when you were little?
Yes, I have an embarrassing amount of unfinished stories on my desktop from when I was younger, along with a whole bucket of picture books I wrote a while back.

I tag A. R. Key.  Thanks for your dedication on reading this blog, Amelia! lol   You make it feel worthwhile. :)
Please feel free to answer a question or two from this tag in the comments!!

10 comments:

  1. Cute!! What IS a panster???

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah-ha! Just found it: (Google is incredible) ;)
      "A pantser is someone who, “flies by the seat of their pants,” meaning they don't plan out anything, or plan very little. Some people call themselves “plantsers,” which means they're in a little of both a plotter and a panster."
      Hehe, thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I love the As We Are cover!
    I totally get what you mean about having to be in the mood to listen to music. Sometimes it helps me get immersed in the world, but sometimes it interrupts my thoughts and makes it hard to get the sentence flow right.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Oh good, a kindred spirit! Music is great . . . but not always. :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for tagging me! (LOL)
    I absolutely love this blog, I love your life blog, too--finding out what you're doing with your life---XD But this is my happy place.
    Soooo, what does the crossed-out words, mean, do I still follow them??

    Amelia xxx
    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!
      Aww, thanks! You are way sweet. <3
      Basically, it just means that I didn't do them. ;) It's up to you whether you want to follow the real rules or not lol! ;)
      Miss you <3

      Delete
  4. A panster is someone who...seriously just doesn't plot at all. And, a Plantser is like a mix of a person who plots and just does free xD

    thanks so much for doing this--I totally enjoyed reading it and your book covers are just ADORBS. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bunches for the definition!! XD

      Thank YOU for nominating me! So glad you liked the tag. <3

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love those book covers! I must make some of my own...
    What a great tag!
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Mira! Yes, you definitely should. <3

      Delete

I love feedback! Please let me know what you think! Why, if you don't comment, I will never know that you stopped by my little space and will never get to meet you. <3